Thank you for visiting www.iDigHardware.com. I am Lori Greene, and my role with Allegion is to provide education and support on the code requirements that affect door openings. On this site you can find in-depth information about accessibility codes, fire door assemblies, life-safety and egress, as well as the code requirements for electrified hardware.
Fire door assemblies play an important role in protecting building occupants from the spread of smoke and flames. Here’s a video all about fire door assemblies:
Fire door assemblies are required by NFPA 80 to be inspected after installation, after maintenance, and annually, to ensure that they are functioning properly. If you’d like to order any of our laminated fire door inspection cards, just drop me an email with your name, shipping address, and the quantity you need. The cards measure 4 inches x 12 inches and contain information about the NFPA 80 requirements for fire door assembly inspections:
Additional information on fire door inspection is available here:
- Fire Doors – The First Line of Defense
- Decoded: NFPA 80 – 2013 FDAI Changes
- Decoded Quick-Tips – Fire Door Assemblies
- Decoded: Alterations to Fire Door Assemblies
- The Effect of Oversized Clearances on Fire Door Tests
- ICC Staff Opinion on Fire Door Assembly Inspection
- Fire Doors – Everything you always wanted to know (but were afraid to ask)
There are about 70 other articles about door-related codes on my Articles page.
You can also download the Allegion Code Reference Guide here.
If you have any questions, feel free to contact your local Allegion representative.