May 22 2015

FF: Bungee (Again)

The funny thing about this Fixed-it Friday photo is that it arrived on the same day from 2 different people – Steve Murray of Security Lock Distributors, and Ed Marchakitus of Cornell Storefront Systems.  Thanks to both of you!

Bungee Closer

10 Responses to “FF: Bungee (Again)”

1. Eric says:

So will extra knots in the bungee increase sweep speed?

2. Bob J says:

…………… another Bill Elliott spec!

3. Glenn Younger says:

I want to know where the black rubber bungee that is attached gets attached. It must be the overload or high wind bungee?

We’ve been using the yellow bungees, the red looks more official, so we’ll have to see if we can’t find some of them. 😉

4. David Moyer says:

As a door control engineer, this picture makes me wanna cry. And I agree with Glenn – what’s up with the black bungee?! I wonder how well the valves control door speed?

5. Khozema Kazi, AHC, FDAI says:

From your posts/pictures that you put up here about blocked exits, modified hardware, non-compliant ways of lock/latching/holding open the door, and some ingenious methods used on doors for convenience, baffles me in that these are in the country that originates codes & methods to safely secure the built environment. I am in the Middle East where we adopt IBC/NFPA or BS/EU codes, but have never seen such blatant abuse of door hardware. What we see here is use of non compliant HW items due to conflict between North American and BS/EU codes, and sometimes total ignorance of Codes.

6. Jess says:

heheheh

is this a new line of arms sold by Global???

Eric: I think the knots are to increase the tension in the red “arm”
    (bungee cord)

Glenn and David: the black one, I think that’s the (optional) backheck 😀

someone, please save my sanity and buy an arm for the closer?!?!

-Jess the door closer doctor

7. Ramesh Kareliya, AHC says:

It’s creative idea in stupid way….

8. Jeff R. says:

I love these Fixed It Friday posts Lori!

Thanks for taking the time to keep up with this blog. It’s a huge resource for all of us in the door, lock, & hardware industry.

9. Benton says:

One thing I’ve learned in this industry… If it’s broke…. McGyver it.