I’m heading south today after teaching a class in Knoxville, and tomorrow I’ll be arriving at the DHI conNextions conference in New Orleans. I’m teaching my brand new 1 vs. 100 class on Thursday, October 21st at 8 a.m. (details here). And if you are an architect/architectural specwriter or code official in the New Orleans area, I have a promo code that allows you to attend my class and visit the exhibit hall – for free! Just leave your email address below and I’ll send you an email with the promo code.
See you soon!
1vs100 DHI 2021If you are an architect/architectural specwriter or code official and would like to attend the 1 vs. 100 code class in New Orleans on Thursday, October 21st, 2021, leave your email address to receive the promo code to register for free.
Here are the other classes on the schedule for this week:
WEDNESDAY, October 20th (all times are Eastern)
Our national trainers continue their Webinar Wednesday series!
- 10:00-11:00am: Schlage and Von Duprin Power Supplies
- Are you responsible for selecting, ordering, or advising others on the right power supply for electrified openings? In this session, learn about the Schlage and Von Duprin power supplies and when to use each. You will also become familiar with the seven different option boards and the appropriate applications for those boards. Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Electrified Hardware Wiring Choices
- Selecting the correct wire for electromechanical locking devices and electronic access control systems is critical for the proper operation of those devices and systems. If terms such as volts, amps, plenum-rated, and shielded leave you scratching your head, this webinar is for you. Allegion’s senior product trainer, Gordon Malczewski, will show you how to read labels on various types of cables and help you select the proper cable based on factors such as operating voltage, current rating, wire lengths, and the installation environment.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Delayed Egress
- One of the golden rules in door hardware is that a lock should never impede egress, but there are specific situations where locking hardware is allowed to do so. In this presentation we will review “Delayed Egress,” a special code-regulated application that inhibits immediate passage through a door opening. We will explain what different codes say about this function with emphasis on where it can and cannot be used. We will give an overview of two of the most commonly used products to achieve delayed egress along with additional resources for more detailed requirements. John Dalrymple, AHC, and our End User Training Manager, will lead this discussion.
Also WEDNESDAY, October 20th
More Door Drills!
Are you responsible in whole or part for keeping the doors at your facility in good working order? If so, our Door Drills series is for you.
- 2:00-3:00pm Eastern: Door Drills | Getting the most out of your LCN auto operators
- LCN’s two most popular low energy automatic operators offer lots of options that you can take advantage of to make the most of the operators and the openings at your facility. Learn about how to change opening and closing times, adding safety sensors, and adding touchless or wireless actuators. We will also share some tips for troubleshooting these auto operators.
FRIDAY, October 22nd
The Allegion 101 series continues!
New to the architectural hardware or commercial door industry, or new to our Allegion family of brands? Our Allegion 101 Series has been designed for you. Learn the essentials of each product category or topic so that you can get your footing in this broad and deep industry. Attend as many or as few session in the series as you would like and as your schedule permits.
- 1:00-2:00pm Eastern: Allegion 101. Secure the Door – Schlage
- In this session, we will focus on the Schlage ND Series Cylindrical Locks and the Schlage L Series Mortise Locks. Become familiar with common lock functions and the openings on which they are used. Learn how to interpret Schlage model numbers/nomenclature so you can make sense of documents (e.g., order acknowledgements, price lists, etc.) and literature (e.g., catalogs, sell sheets, etc.). Gordon Malczewski, our Schlage Senior Trainer, will lead this webinar.