A few weeks ago I posted a recorded class on delayed egress and controlled egress locking systems. If you’d prefer to listen to that presentation live, I will be conducting the class for the American Society for Health Care Engineering on April 22nd. You can find more information and register here.
Our Webinar Wednesday sessions continue this week, with the following classes available (all times are Eastern Daylight Time):
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Code Changes Affecting Classroom Doors
- The 2018 editions of the International Building Code, International Fire Code, and NFPA 101 – Life Safety Code, all include changes specific to classroom doors. A Tentative Interim Amendment was approved in 2019 which further modifies the 2018 edition of NFPA 101. This session will cover the requirements of these model codes as they apply to classroom doors, including how these changes and some states’ legislation impact the types of security devices allowed on classroom doors. Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Basic Hardware – Keying, Locks, and Exit Devices
- If you are new to the world of door hardware, this event is for you. Gordon Malczewski, our Schlage Training Manager, will address lock functions and their applications and the basics of panic and fire exit hardware. He will introduce you to key systems.
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Healthcare Hardware
- Gain insights into the difficult applications found in the healthcare arena. In this program, we will highlight various codes & standards that affect these doors as well as security considerations. We’ll also address the challenges associated with the heavy usage in such 24/7 facilities and the importance of simple solutions for common openings. Jeff Tock, AHC, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Introduction to Republic Doors and Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors. Hope you can join us.