I don’t know about you, but once a product number takes root in my head I have a tough time getting used to a new one. I’ve still got numbers in there from the 80’s! But it’s time to do a memory upgrade because the Schlage L9080-EL and L9080-EU locksets have been replaced with a series of new and improved electrified mortise locks.
- Current draw has been reduced – now 0.4 amp max current draw, 0.010 amp holding current, which allows multiple locks to be connected to a single power supply.The lock’s electronics autodetect 12 & 24VDC, so a single chassis accommodates multiple supply voltages.
- A case-mounted switch allows field section of EL or EU operation without opening the chassis.
- A new RX (request-to-exit) module with an improved design can be added without opening the case.
- Six functions are available for application flexibility.
- Allegion Connect molex system is standard for all locks in this series.
Here are the product numbers:
- L9090EL/EU: outside lever locked
- L9091EL/EU: both levers locked
- L9092EL/EU: outside lever locked (replaces L9080EL/EU)
- L9093EL/EU: both levers locked
- L9094EL/EU: outside lever locked
- L9095EL/EU: both levers locked (replaces L9082EL/EU)
Keep in mind that locking the egress side lever is only allowed in very limited circumstances for egress doors. Another consideration is that the lock is now field selectable (fail safe / fail secure), so it’s very important to make sure that the lock is installed with the correct function – especially for doors that require fail safe locks for stairwell reentry.