Oct 21 2014

Schlage L909x

Category: Electrified Hardware,Locks & Keys,NewsLori @ 2:31 pm Comments (9)

Schlage L909xI don’t know about you, but once a product number takes root in my head I have a tough time getting used to a new one.  I’ve still got numbers in there from the 80’s!  But it’s time to do a memory upgrade because the Schlage L9080-EL and L9080-EU locksets have been replaced with a series of new and improved electrified mortise locks.

• Current draw has been reduced – now 0.4 amp max current draw, 0.010 amp holding current, which allows multiple locks to be connected to a single power supply.The lock’s electronics autodetect 12 & 24VDC, so a single chassis accommodates multiple supply voltages.
  • A case-mounted switch allows field section of EL or EU operation without opening the chassis.
  • A new RX (request-to-exit) module with an improved design can be added without opening the case.
  • Six functions are available for application flexibility.
  • Allegion Connect molex system is standard for all locks in this series.

Here are the product numbers:

No Cylinders

• L9090EL/EU: outside lever locked
  • L9091EL/EU: both levers locked

One Cylinder

• L9092EL/EU: outside lever locked (replaces L9080EL/EU)
  • L9093EL/EU: both levers locked

Two Cylinders

• L9094EL/EU: outside lever locked
  • L9095EL/EU: both levers locked (replaces L9082EL/EU)

Keep in mind that locking the egress side lever is only allowed in very limited circumstances for egress doors.  Another consideration is that the lock is now field selectable (fail safe / fail secure), so it’s very important to make sure that the lock is installed with the correct function – especially for doors that require fail safe locks for stairwell reentry.

Click here to download the data sheet for this product.

9 Responses to “Schlage L909x”

1. Mike says:

How does the lock come standard from the factory – EL or EU?

Mike

2. Theresa says:

I am trying to use an electrified mortise lockset Schlage L909x in a wood door with full vision lite. I was told my wood rail needs to be 11″ wide for an electrified mortise and I find that hard to believe but cannot find anything to support it either.

please help

Hi Theresa –

I looked at the template and it shows 4 3/4″ from the edge of the door to the edge of the lock body cutout. It sounds like the door manufacturer is requiring about 6″ between the lite and lock cutouts…that is not unusual. I know that some types of cores require a smaller dimension between cutouts, so you may want to check with the door manufacturer to see if that’s an option.

3. Brendan says:

I thought they were or had come out with a version that would work for a mother room.

I don’t remember hearing about a specific function for lactation rooms, but how would you want it to operate?

4. Brendan says:

Elec mortise lock with a RX and Deadbolt Monitoring,
    Option 1
    Dead-Bolt cuts one leg of the power to the lock motor making entry for the next card not work, access by key only then
    Option 2
    Dead-bolt switch sends signal to ACP input deactivating CR for standard access but emergency or higher level program card would retract deadbolt and latch.

Do you mind if I copy this comment to today’s post in case anyone else has input?

• Brendan says:

Sorry just saw this and Not at all…

Command Makes something called the ML485 but they you have to get all the OCC stuff as parts.