How is it May already??? Webinar Wednesdays continue with two days of online classes this month, along with a new Security in 30 session coming up! (All times below are Eastern time.)
Wednesday, May 4th
- 10:00-11:00AM: Schlage and Von Duprin Power Supplies
- Are you responsible for selecting, ordering, or advising others on the right power supply for electrified openings? In this session, learn about the Schlage and Von Duprin power supplies and when to use each. You will also become familiar with the seven different option boards and the appropriate applications for those boards. Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 12:00-1:00PM: Introduction to Republic Doors and Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors.
- 2:00-3:30PM: Low Energy Automatic Operator Fundamentals
- Automatic operators can help facilities and people with accessibility issues and touchless access preferences, but selecting the correct operator can be confusing. Is it permissible to use a motion detector to activate the door? Does a wave to activate actuator meet the Knowing Act requirements of the ANSI standards? Join us as we explore the differences between Low Energy automatic operators and Full Power (High Energy) automatic operators. Learn what the standards require for proper speed adjustments and opening force requirements for doors with automatic operators. Find out which LCN operators provide the most adjustability to meet building owner needs. Jeff Tock, AHC and Regional Training Manager for Allegion, will guide you through the exercise of choosing the operator that can best meet your needs.
- 4:00-5:00PM: Steelcraft Door and Frame Construction and Application
- New to hollow metal doors & frames? Join us to learn about Steelcraft door types, such as full flush, steel stiffended, temperature rise, and style and rail doors. You will also learn the difference between masonry and dry wall frames, including some application and installation considerations. Leon Starks, Steelcraft Training Manager, will lead this session.
Wednesday, May 18th
- 12:00-1:00PM: Essentials of Access Control
- In this session, we will explore the essential components of access control. We will discuss products common in access control, including their features and benefits and the solutions they provide for a building’s occupants and owners. John Dalrymple, our Allegion Electronics Training Manager, will lead this exploration.
- 4:00-5:00PM: Electrified Hardware for Access Control Systems and Security
- Electrified and electronic hardware can enhance the security and safety of a facility if the hardware selections are made with the facility’s needs in mind. During this session, we’ll talk about the importance of asking questions of your clients to determine how they need openings to function given their access control and security requirements. We’ll have time to discuss some electrified and electronic hardware components commonly in use today and that can grow/adapt as your clients’ needs change. John Dalrymple, our Electronics Training Manager, will lead this session.
Security in 30 | 10 Overtur Tips for the Integrator and Security Community
Presented by: John Hamilton, DAHC, EHC, CFDAI, CPP, PSPO; Overtur Customer Success Lead for Integrators, Allegion
If you are in the business of Electronic Access Control – Allegion’s Security in 30 webinar series is for you. While anyone is welcome to attend, these sessions were created primarily for integrators and those in the EAC industry.
Overtur, the platform for design, construction, and operation of opening information is not just for Division 8 items. Join this session where John Hamilton will showcase 10 individual items within Overtur that benefit the integrator and security consultant. We’ll cover collaboration between Division 8 / 28, adding information to find scope more efficiently, and field tools to communicate site work to all on the project.