I’m making my way around the Southeast, heading for my final destination – the DHI conNextions conference in New Orleans. I’ll be teaching my brand new 1 vs. 100 class on Thursday, October 21st at 8 a.m. (details here). And if you are an architect/architectural specwriter or code official in the New Orleans area, I have a promo code that allows you to attend my class and visit the exhibit hall – for free! Just leave your email address below and I’ll send you an email with the promo code.
1vs100 DHI 2021If you are an architect/architectural specwriter or code official and would like to attend the 1 vs. 100 code class in New Orleans on Thursday, October 21st, 2021, leave your email address to receive the promo code to register for free.
Meanwhile, there are lots of classes on the schedule for this week:
WEDNESDAY, October 13th (all times are Eastern)
Our national trainers continue their Webinar Wednesday series!
- 10:00-11:00am: The Essentials of Fire Door Inspections
- Are you responsible or partially responsible for the integrity of the fire-rated openings at your facility or your customer’s facility? If so, then you probably also have some responsibility to ensure these openings pass an annual fire door inspection. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) first introduced requirements for annual fire door inspections in their 2007 edition of the NFPA 80 Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives. Since the NFPA 80 2013 edition, fire door inspectors are required to examine each fire door assembly for thirteen criteria. Learn what those thirteen criteria are, how to spot them, and ultimately, how to protect life and property by keeping fire doors operating properly. Join Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, for this informative session.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Servicing Schlage Networked AD Series Locks and Peripherals with Schlage Utility Software
- Schlage Utility Software (SUS) is a robust tool that not only is used to set-up and secure your Schlage AD Series products, it can also help you maintain peak performance from your devices. During their lifecycle, troubleshooting, servicing, and occasional updates of your networked AD devices may be required, and this is the tool that helps you perform these tasks. This session will help you to achieve optimal performance of your AD components. John Dalrymple, our Electronics Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Basic Hardware: Keying, Locks, and Exit Devices
- If you are new to the world of door hardware, this event is for you. Gordon Malczewski, our Schlage Training Manager, will address lock functions and their applications and the basics of panic and fire exit hardware. He will introduce you to key systems.
Also WEDNESDAY, October 13th
More Door Drills!
Are you responsible in whole or part for keeping the doors at your facility in good working order? If so, our Door Drills series is for you.
- 2:00-3:00pm Eastern: Door Drills | Maintenance Tips for Your Von Duprin Exit Hardware, Featuring the 98/99 Series
- Because the Von Duprin exit device is designed and built to last, with just a little care and attention and perhaps with the occasional addition of an optional feature, the exit device will perform its essential life safety role well for many years. Attend this session as we address such service items as checking for proper mounting and lubrication, device settings that determine the trim locking/unlocking operation, replacing the shear pin on the lever trim, adding cylinder dogging, adding an alarm kit, etc.
FRIDAY, October 15th
The Allegion 101 series continues!
New to the architectural hardware or commercial door industry, or new to our Allegion family of brands? Our Allegion 101 Series has been designed for you. Learn the essentials of each product category or topic so that you can get your footing in this broad and deep industry. Attend as many or as few session in the series as you would like and as your schedule permits.
- 1:00-2:30pm Eastern: Allegion 101. Hang the Door – Ives
- In this session, you will learn about butt hinges, continuous hinges, and pivots. Become familiar with the Ives model numbers/nomenclature for some of our most popular hinges and pivots. Learn the basics of choosing the right hanging hardware for an opening. In a product category for which many people underestimate its complexity, join this session to get the hang of it!
Also FRIDAY, October 15th
These sessions are 30-minute webinars designed with integrators in mind. If you are an access control integrator, please join us on Friday, October 15 – 12:30 p.m. EDT for:
Security in 30 | The growing acceptance of cloud-based access control systems – Part 1 an End User CTO’s perspective
Presented by: Tom Welham, PACS Business Leads, Allegion and Luis Alejandro Wong, Chief Technology Officer, Imperial County Office of Education (ICOE)
Join us for part 1 of a 2-part session on the increasing acceptance of cloud based access control solutions. In this session join Tom Welham & Luis Alejandro Wong for a discussion on the movement from on premises access control to cloud-based access control and the role the IT community plays in the decision and support of this movement.
Next month we explore this same topic, but from the security integrator’s perspective.
About ICOE – Imperial County Office of Education is the located in Imperial County, CA, which is in the southeast area of CA bordering AZ and Mexico. ICOE works closely with the county’s sixteen independent school districts as well as its public service agencies, businesses, institutions of higher education, and elected officials to ensure that meeting the educational needs of the children is a community priority.