In the next two weeks, the Allegion training team is offering online education for architects, integrators, end users, installers, distributors, locksmiths – really anyone who has an interest in understanding doors and hardware – including a new series called Door Drills!
End Users, Locksmiths, Installers – Next Thursday, June 24th:
Door Drills | Maintaining Your Door Closers, Featuring the LCN 4040XP
Thursday, June 24th, 10:00-11:00 a.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
Are you responsible in whole or part for keeping the doors at your facility in good working order? If so, our Door Drills series is for you.
This session looks at door closers, one of the essential products in keeping openings safe and secure. Learn common causes and cures for such symptoms as slamming doors, or doors that open too fast, or doors that only partially open, or doors with fluid running down from the closers. We hope you can join us.
Architects, Specwriters – Next Thursday, June 24th:
AIA Continuing Education Webinar | Decoded: Touchless Solutions for Healthy Environments
Thursday, June 24th, 11:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. and 2:00-3:00 p.m. EDT
With the increased focus on how to limit the spread of germs, many facility managers are considering their options for touchless operation of doors. This webinar will cover code requirements related to automatic operators and contactless access control, as well as accessibility considerations for new hands-free door pull designs. Presented by: Heather Mistele, Architectural Services Consultant
Integrators, Security Consultants, Specwriters – This Friday, June 18th:
DIV 08 and 28 Success – Panel of Peers discuss best ways to successfully serve customers
Friday, June 18th, 12:30-1:00 p.m. EDT
As locking hardware becomes more integrated with the access control security head-end system, the need for proper installation, maintenance and configuration is becoming more critical than ever. Join us as Chris Stull, Electronic Sales Engineer at Allegion, moderates a discussion with Bret Emerson, President of Commtech Design and Ryan Benson, Senior Project Architect at Schmidt Associates. Attendees of the session will learn about key trends in the end user market that are driving the need for Division 08/28 coordination.
And here are this week’s Webinar Wednesday sessions, presented this Wednesday, June 16th (all times are EDT):
- 10:00-11:00am: K-12: Designing for Layered Security
- When designing or remodeling a school, security and safety should be at the forefront of discussions and design. It’s important to understand the most common types of threats in educational facilities in order to create layers of security with the appropriate opening hardware to mitigate those threats. In this session, Schlage’s Training Manager, Gordon Malczewski, will provide you with code compliant ways to achieve lockdown status when needed.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Delayed Egress
- One of the golden rules in door hardware is that a lock should never impede egress, but there are specific situations where locking hardware is allowed to do so. In this presentation we will review “Delayed Egress,” a special code-regulated application that inhibits immediate passage through a door opening. We will explain what different codes say about this function with emphasis on where it can and cannot be used. We will give an overview of two of the most commonly used products to achieve delayed egress along with additional resources for more detailed requirements. John Dalrymple, AHC, our End User Training Manager, will lead this discussion.
- 2:00-3:00pm: Introduction to Republic Doors and Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors. Hope you can join us.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Schlage and Von Duprin Power Supplies
- Are you responsible for selecting, ordering, or advising others on the right power supply for electrified openings? In this session, learn about the Schlage and Von Duprin power supplies and when to use each. You will also become familiar with the seven different option boards and the appropriate applications for those boards. Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.