Back in the 90’s when I was working for the LCN and Von Duprin rep in the Boston area, we used to conduct a 5-week series of classes called “Basic Training.” I LOVED teaching these classes to people who were new to the industry, and there are STILL people who mention that they were in my class back then.
Alas, the Basic Training classes were retired long ago. BUT – I’m so excited to announce that in addition to their Webinar Wednesday classes, our national trainers are starting a new series TODAY – for people who are new to the architectural hardware industry or just want to learn more.
Here are today’s classes (all times are Eastern)…I’ll add links to the recordings as soon as they’re available:
- 1:00pm – 2:00pm: Allegion 101 – Introduction to Door Hardware: Standards, Codes, and General Information
- In this introductory session, learn about the primary building standards and codes applicable to architectural hardware in the United States. You will also learn how to ‘hand’ openings. And, you’ll be on a path to learning the language of doors and hardware.
- 3:00pm – 5:00pm: Allegion 101 – The Door & Frame: Steelcraft
- In this session, learn about the world of Steelcraft hollow metal doors and frames. We’ll address such elements as frame profiles, drywall frames, masonry frames, and the anchors used in their installation. Learn about door construction and hardware reinforcements. Get familiar with common Steelcraft model numbers/nomenclature so you can make sense of documents (e.g., order acknowledgements, the price book, etc.) and literature (e.g., catalog pages, tech data manuals, etc.). Leon Starks, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, will be your instructor.
In addition to the new series, our training department will be continuing their Webinar Wednesday sessions. Here’s the line-up for tomorrow (all times are Eastern):
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Code Changes Affecting Classroom Doors
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Keying Schematics
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Electrified Hardware for Access Control Systems and Security
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Delayed Egress