Mar 15 2019

FF: Hard-Wired Exit

Category: Egress,Fixed-it Friday,Panic HardwareLori @ 11:37 am Comments (12)

Take a look at these egress doors serving a large arena:

Now take a closer look.  The 1/8-inch cable that’s attached to the wall next to the pull station runs across the entire bank of doors.  It passes through a ring that’s welded to each door, to prevent the doors from being opened.

#fixed-it  #wordless

Thank you to Jon Dudley of Allegion for the photo.

~~~

Are you attending the AGC conference in Denver April 1st-3rd?  My Allegion coworkers will be there in Booth #117 – stop by and get a live demo of Overtur and the Overtur mobile app with the new punch tool application.  You can learn more about Overtur on the discover website, and for more information on the show visit the AGC convention website.

You need to login or register to bookmark/favorite this content.

Recent Posts

12 Responses to “FF: Hard-Wired Exit”

1. Cathy Kopp says:

Holy crap!

2. Matthew Stonebraker says:

Was that wrong? Should I have not done that? I tell you, I gotta plead ignorance on this thing because if anyone had said anything to me at all when I first started here that that sort of thing was frowned upon, you know, ‘cause I’ve worked in a lot of offices and I tell you people do that all the time.

3. James Atteberry says:

Maybe the sign above should be changed from no re-entry to no exit.

The things people come up with when trying to solve some type of problem, they can just baffle and amaze you.

4. jose hernandez says:

I cannot believe that kind of stuff still happening!

5. TJ Quintana says:

Well, at least they’re not chained together…am I right?

6. Bryan says:

I would be the new owner of a piece of 1/8” cable.

7. cda says:

Come on, It’s like the zip ties at the grocery store doors, push on the door and ?????

8. Bob Dooley says:

Need a break glass box with cable cutters in it near the doors.

9. DAVID FEDERICO says:

If they wanted no one to enter why not simply lock the the doors so that those outside cannot get in . And alarm the doors with contacts to a central alarm system or to stand alone alarm units … Or better yet panic alarm exit devices. .. oh but that would be to costly .

10. Don Hicks says:

It looks like this is a less expensive version of chaining panic devices together. Maybe the person thought that would send a message to whoever was trying to exit. Not much of a deterrent.

Keep this one for future use.

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.