Have you seen the new website from the Door Security & Safety Foundation – LockDontBlock.org? This site pulls together a wealth of information on classroom security and the pros and cons of various methods of securing classroom doors.
By visiting the site you can…
- Download a checklist to see if a school’s locks are code-compliant.
- Watch a video about the dangers of classroom barricade devices.
- Download a tool kit to help inform school administrators about classroom security.
- Access documents from other organizations that are committed to school safety.
- Read the latest news about the dangers of non-code-compliant security methods.
- Contact a door security and safety professional.
I especially like this short piece on the liability of barricades. Is there additional information you’d like to see available on LockDontBlock.org? Let me know and I’ll pass it along.
Do you receive the Door & Hardware Institute’s Growing Social newsletter? In the 23rd edition in the Growing Social series, I wrote about how I have used social media to help spread the word about the code requirements that affect classroom security. You can check it out here!
For more information about school security, you can also visit iDigHardware.com/schools.