Jan 25 2017

WW: Wood Door Prep

Category: Locks & Keys,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 12:23 am Comments (14)

This photo came from Billy Sanders of Chisholm Millwork.  This is how the door arrived from the wood door manufacturer.  #wordless

14 Responses to “WW: Wood Door Prep”

1. Leo says:

I hope this wasn’t a full job like this!!

2. Carl says:

Makes you wonder which one (if either) is the correct height from the finished surface.

3. Michael Pedersen says:

Measure twice, cut once

Measure once, throw out the door and try again

4. David Moyer says:

I’m sure you’ve heard of a “drop plate” for door controls? This is the “drop prep” for door levers! Good grief – where was QC for this one?

5. Louise says:

I just came from a door where the mortise cylinder hole was off just enough to make it difficult to screw in.
    Now I don’t feel so miffed.

6. Rick Halloran says:

Measure once drill twice, or was that measure twice drill once, he mumbled.

7. Curtis Meskus says:

I did what the speck said, it made no sense but I did it anyway

8. H.Michael Hill says:

Obviously an optical illusion!

9. Frank Ehrman CPP PSP says:

LOL
    Offset Cylindrical!

10. Joel Niemi says:

Let me guess – hardware finish was selected as US3?

11. Tom Chin says:

Who checked in the material in ?

12. DAVID FEDERICO says:

Priceless …For most wood doors I just order them blank and prep on site .. just in case the existing frame has been modified

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.