Dec 12 2014

FF: New LCN Special Template

Category: Door Closers,Fixed-it Friday,StopsLori @ 7:22 am Comments (13)

It’s called the Ives Cush Stop (just kidding – we don’t endorse this application!)…

Ives Cush Stop

Thanks to John Steele of Allegion for today’s Fixed-it Friday photo!

13 Responses to “FF: New LCN Special Template”

1. David Moyer says:

Interesting solution.

2. bill says:

You may not “endorse” this application, but I wish I thought of it. Unless I’m missing something, what could be the down side?

I’m not sure how much force the screw will take. The closer arm can exert a lot of leverage. I’ve seen arms bent around a Cush stop.

3. Bryan McKeehan says:

Too funny, it had crossed my mind before, quickly dismissed knowing how much more leverage is created by the closer arm versus the door. I could see it working short-term, during construction, until the correct arm was sourced.

4. Eric says:

This is a hick-fix that kinda makes sense.

5. Bob J says:

Another Bill E. spec?

6. Bill E says:

Bob J is just jealous that I thought of it before him. Take more than this to get such a nice guy like him off my list.

7. Bill E says:

It is in the mail, really.

8. Susan McClendon says:

For the rest of us non-experts, please explain.

Hi Susan –

Someone has mounted a floor stop on the frame head so the door closer arm hits it and stops the door. It’s a similar idea to a “Cush” closer except not designed for the forces exerted by a closer arm.

9. Ron says:

Not only that, the forces exerted at that close pivot point
    are far more than further up the arm. It’s a short life for
    that cushioned stop with any amount of force applied to the
    door. It’s a geometry thing.

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.