Oct 16 2013

WW: Conflict Resolution

Category: Doors Gone Wrong,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 6:52 am Comments (13)

This was found in a school, by A&L Doors & Specialties.  I have no words, except “thank you.”  Maybe some of you have words…if you do, leave a comment.

Conflict Resolution

13 Responses to “WW: Conflict Resolution”

1. Jodie Meyers says:

We don’t need no education
    We don’t need no thought control
    No dark sarcasm in the classroom
    Teacher leave them kids alone
    Hey! Teacher! Leave them kids alone!
    – Pink Floyd

2. Louise says:

Wow! Look closely at the interesting door with the funky cutout.
    Interjection, adverb, preposition, and adjective. Yep, I used all of them.

3. Curtis Meskus says:

So the electrican had door and conduit, hmm what shall I do, I have the prebent pipe I will put it here in front of the closet door, this is what the plans show, and besides I do not know how to go out of the bottom of the junction box.

4. cda says:

Glad Lori is not around to see me chop up this rated door! I am sure it will still hold back the fire and smoke.

After all smoke rises!

5. Safecrackin Sammy says:

Cool finials on the hinges…. Is that like a 20 panel door??

At least the person that did the cut out was slightly artistic… It does have a curve mimicing the conduit!

It’s one thing to see a total hack-job, but when someone puts some skill into their creative solution that’s what amazes me most!

6. Eric Hirning says:

How come the padlock isn’t painted?

7. Rich says:

I can see this happening. Remodel to cover over the opening on the other side. Hence the removed knobs and the look of being painted shut at one time. It still keeps the historic door in a very old building. Then in the future, need a conduit in front of the blocked door that we will never open anyway. Then oops, we want the door back. Still a stupid way to do it. Save money and don’t redo the conduit.

8. Robert says:

It is interesting to see the art side of craftsmanship. Question is: is this a classroom, fire exit, closet(most might think this one), electrical room door. ok you only get one chance in a fire. OK but funniest is that most of us see this far too common in most places.

I think this is probably a closet door, and the good news is…it’s being replaced and the electrical re-routed!

9. Kim says:

As a school facilities project manager, I would fire the person who did this! But having said that, we have some similar situations that have been there for many many years. I’m glad to know that it is being fixed properly. Sometimes the craftsmen doing the work just do what works without asking questions and it’s easier to deal with the consequences but it is sad….so sad….

10. Joaquim J. Monteiro says:

Is it just me or does that outlet look a little low?