Apr 24 2013

WW: Spoon Security

Category: Locks & Keys,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 10:29 am Comments (18)

Todd Pack of of the Trimble Company sent in this photo of the latest in locking technology.Β  I was wordless when I found out how much spoon security there is out there (my favorite, spoon 1, spoon 2, spoon 3, spoon 4, spoon 5, spoon 6).Β  And I thought spoons were for ice cream!

Spoon Lock

18 Responses to “WW: Spoon Security”

1. Rick Page says:

This is an obvious attempt to provide a high security product while also meeting LEEDs goals in all but one case probably the Silver standard in one FSC is also considered. πŸ™‚

2. Eric Rieckers says:

“If it’s stupid but works, it ain’t stupid.” ~ Murphy’s Laws of Combat #2.

That may become one of my core values, along with “Don’t let ‘perfect’ be the enemy of ‘good’,” and “just say no.”

3. Jerry Richmond, AHC/CDC says:

And, let’s not forget the anti-microbial benefits of silver and that the “spoon” portion affords easy grasping for “quick-release” in the event of an emergency! Actually, the more I think of it, it’s pure genius! Quick, call the Patent Office and see if this is already taken!

Appears it only takes one operation to open the door.

Not sure if the device is listed

5. Charlie Hobbs says:

well at least they all only require one handed operation

6. Jack Ostergaard says:

Spoons only! Knives and forks have pointy ends and someone will get hurt and sue and then we will have another code and/or standard that we all will have to remember and abide by.

7. Robert says:

It a SPOON full of Security make the security go down security go down ok yes but I am close to a hit

8. Robert says:

OK so how many SPOONS does it take to lock down 1) school 2) house 3) work 4) outhouse

9. cda says:

not on subject, but do you have anything on the site about the cocanut grove fire?? thought I have seen some stuff, but did not find anything under the search

10. Martin J. Kaywork says:

My mother too always complained to me that I never brought the spoon back home.