Great news! Webinar Wednesdays are back, along with a new Security in 30 session coming up this month! (All times below are Eastern time.)
Security in 30 | Future Proofing Your Facility
Presented by: Marc Facca, Distribution Sales Consultant, Derek Ommert, PMP, Vice President Protus3, and Joshua Cummings, CISSP, PSP, SICC, Vice President, Technology at VTI Security
If you are in the business of Electronic Access Control – Allegion’s Security in 30 webinar series is for you. While anyone is welcome to attend, these sessions were created primarily for integrators and those in the EAC industry.
Hear from industry experts on strategies to keep your facility not only up to date, but prepared for the future in access control. Topics discussed will include a focus on traditional mechanical security such as key systems, exit devices, and locks as well as electronic solutions and upcoming technologies.
Wednesday, March 23rd
- 10:00-11:00AM: Access Control for Stairwells
- Stairwell openings provide unique challenges for hardware and security professionals. As fire-rated openings, they must meet the requirements as defined by our building codes. And, as stairwell openings, there are another set of requirements set by our building codes around re-entry requirements. In the event of a fire, the codes want to ensure no one gets caught in a smoke-filled stairwell. Join Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, to learn more about how to meet these very important requirements while also addressing a multi-story building’s access control needs.
- 12:00-1:00PM: Introduction to Republic Doors and Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors.
- 2:00-3:00PM: Essentials of Access Control
- In this session, we will explore the essential components of access control. We will discuss products common in access control, including their features and benefits and the solutions they provide for a building’s occupants and owners. John Dalrymple, our Allegion Electronics Training Manager, will lead this exploration.
- 4:00-5:00PM: Steelcraft Door and Frame Construction and Application
- New to hollow metal doors & frames? Join us to learn about Steelcraft door types, such as full flush, steel stiffended, temperature rise, and style and rail doors. You will also learn the difference between masonry and dry wall frames, including some application and installation considerations. Leon Starks, Steelcraft Training Manager, will lead this session.
Wednesday, March 30th
- 10:00-11:30AM: Low Energy Automatic Operator Fundamentals
- Automatic operators can help facilities and people with accessibility issues and touchless access preferences, but selecting the correct operator can be confusing. Is it permissible to use a motion detector to activate the door? Does a wave to activate actuator meet the Knowing Act requirements of the ANSI standards? Join us as we explore the differences between Low Energy automatic operators and Full Power (High Energy) automatic operators. Learn what the standards require for proper speed adjustments and opening force requirements for doors with automatic operators. Find out which LCN operators provide the most adjustability to meet building owner needs. Jeff Tock, AHC and Regional Training Manager for Allegion, will guide you through the exercise of choosing the operator that can best meet your needs.
- 2:00-3:00PM: New to Architectural Hardware? Start Here.
- If you are new to the world of door hardware, this event is for you. Gordon Malczewski, our Schlage Training Manager, will address lock functions and their applications and the basics of panic and fire exit hardware. He will introduce you to key systems.