Phew! I finally made it home after my loooong trip combining the BHMA and DHI conferences with some training and other meetings – it was great to see some of you in person! During the trip I trained over 100 people using my new 1 vs. 100 Code Update – it was a double session qualifying for 2 AIA HSW CEUs.
A LOT of people have asked whether I can offer the class virtually, so I’m thinking about how to do that. It’s an interactive “game show” format, where the attendees answer questions to test their understanding of the current codes and then I explain what the current codes require. I’d love to make the class available virtually or even on-demand.
If you attended the class and have any feedback or ideas about how to keep it fun and engaging without being together in person – let me know!
This week on Webinar Wednesday:
WEDNESDAY, October 27th (all times are Eastern)
- 10:00-11:00am: Health Care Hardware
- Gain insights into the difficult applications found in the healthcare arena. In this program, we will highlight various codes & standards that affect these doors as well as security considerations. We’ll also address the challenges associated with the heavy usage in such 24/7 facilities and the importance of simple solutions for common openings. Jeff Tock, AHC, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Access Control for Stairwells
- Stairwell openings provide unique challenges for hardware and security professionals. As fire-rated openings, they must meet the requirements as defined by our building codes. And, as stairwell openings, there are another set of requirements set by our building codes around re-entry requirements. In the event of a fire, the codes want to ensure no one gets caught in a smoke-filled stairwell. Join Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, to learn more about how to meet these very important requirements while also addressing a multi-story building’s access control needs.
- 2:00-3:00pm: Introduction to Basic Masterkeying
- If you’ve ever wondered how master keying works and are interested in learning some best practices for establishing and managing a master key system, this webinar is for you. Learn how there is a balance of safety, security and convenience aspects to any master key system. Learn the standard industry terms you will encounter when discussing master key system requirements with others. From this webinar, you can download a master key system survey form to assess an existing master key system, including identifying potential weaknesses of the system. Join Gordon Malczewski, our Senior Schlage Trainer, for this informative session.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Introduction to Republic Doors & Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors. Hope you can join us.