Security in 30 | The Multifamily Property Technology Stack and the Impact on Seamless Access
Presenters: Robert Gaulden, Director of Multifamily Channel Strategy and Erin Mann, Residential Marketing Manager
Description: Join us as we take a closer look at the various security components and technology solutions in the multifamily space. Our multifamily experts will discuss how the multifamily vertical has been impacted by an acceleration in adoption of technology, and how solutions such as access control, visitor management, smart apartments and IoT components are solving for customer pain points and tenant expectations.
Allegion 101 continues on Tuesday! This series was designed for people who are new to the industry, new to the Allegion family of brands, or just want to learn more about hardware. If you know of someone who is new to doors and hardware, or maybe someone in another role who could begin learning more about the technical / product side of things, set them up with this course!
Tuesday, May 18th:
- 1:00-2:30pm EDT: Allegion 101. Control the Door: LCN
- In this session, you will learn lots about the important role door closers play in controlling an opening and protecting people and property. See how a door closer works and how one can adjust for speed and control in the opening and closing cycles. Learn the difference between universal door closers and application-specific door closers. And, become familiar with popular LCN model numbers/nomenclature so you can more readily interpret documents (e.g., order acknowledgements, templates, etc.) and literature (e.g., catalogs, brochures, etc.). Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will lead this session.
And here are this week’s Webinar Wednesday sessions, presented on May 19th (all times are EDT):
- 10:00-11:00am: Keying Schematics
- Labeling the different types of keys in a master key system can be challenging and confusing. If you’ve ever wondered if there was a systematic industry standard for developing and assigning these labels, this webinar is for you. Our Schlage Training Manager, Gordon Malczewski, will show you how to use the Standard Key Coding System to assign key symblols used on various levels of a master key system.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Introduction to Republic Doors and Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors. Hope you can join us.
- 2:00-3:00pm: Servicing Schlage AD Series Locks and Peripherals with Schlage Utility Software
- Schlage Utility Software (SUS) is a robust tool that not only is used to set-up and secure your Schlage AD Series products, it can also help you maintain peak performance from your devices. During their lifecycle, troubleshooting, servicing, and occasional updates of your networked AD devices may be required, and this is the tool that helps you perform these tasks. This session will help you to achieve optimal performance of your AD components. John Dalrymple, our Electronics Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Accessible Buildings: The Critical Requirements for Clear Width and Maneuvering Clearances
- Although it has been thirty years since the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) defined what makes for an accessible commercial building, some buildings—especially structures built before 1990—may fall a little short in meeting the clear width and maneuvering clearance requirements for openings. In this session, learn what those requirements are, why they are so important to an individual with disabilities, and how to check and solve for compliance. Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will be your guide.