As many of you know, I have a webinar scheduled for this Thursday, which covers the detailed requirements for delayed egress and controlled egress locking systems. Unfortunately, my computer decided that this would be a good time to quit. A new one is on the way, but it will not arrive in time for the preparations that happen just before each of my webinars.
Given the upcoming holidays and end-of-year items on everyone’s to-do list, I’ve decided that instead of trying to reschedule Thursday’s webinar, I will make it available on-demand so you can watch it any time. I will be contacting each person who registered with information about how to access the on-demand recording. Sorry for the inconvenience! And if you’re trying to reach me, I’m limping along with limited technology, so I thank you for your patience.
The Allegion 101 series continues tomorrow – Secure the Door: Von Duprin. This series is for people who are new to the industry, new to the Allegion family of brands, or just want to learn more about hardware.
- 1:00pm – 2:15pm Eastern: Allegion 101 – Secure the Door: Von Duprin
- This session will focus on panic hardware, a product category driven by life safety. Learn what makes an exit device an exit device according to building codes and standards. Become familiar with the types of panic hardware, the trims used on the other side of the door, and some commonly-used options that add functionality to an exit device. Featuring the Von Duprin 98/99 Series, this session will also help you wrap your arms around Von Duprin model numbers/nomenclature. Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, will be your guide.
The complete list of classes in the Allegion 101 series is here, and you can register using the links on the Allegion Virtual Events Calendar. If you miss a class, the recordings are on the Event Board of the Allegion Training Page.
The Webinar Wednesday series continues, with the following classes scheduled for this Wednesday (all times are Eastern):
- 10:00am – 11:00am: Electrified Hardware: Wiring Choices
- 12:00pm – 1:00pm: Healthcare Hardware
- 2:00pm – 3:00pm: Access Control for Stairwells
- 4:00pm – 5:00pm: Hurricane Hardware Product Testing and Compliance
This Friday, November 20th, Allegion will present the next in a series of 30-minute webinars designed with integrators in mind. If you are an access control integrator, please join us Friday at 12:30 p.m. Eastern for Security in 30: Ultra-Wideband (UWB) – Are you prepared for its impact on Access Control?
You’ve heard the buzz about UWB, but are you prepared for its impact on access control? Ultra-wideband (UWB) is an emerging wireless technology that securely determines the relative position of peer devices with a very high degree of accuracy and low power consumption.
In this Security in 30 webinar, Ryan Kincaid, Global Technology Leader, Connectivity, will walk you through the background and basics of UWB technology and Roy Johnson, Product Manager, Connectivity, will discuss its application and real-life use cases within access control. Join us for an insightful discussion that will equip you with the knowledge you need to stay on top of UWB adoption.