Last Friday’s winner of the Yeti tumbler is TJ McLaughlin of AG Mauro Company, and the first winner of a Yeti cooler is Michael Torres of Gensler! Click here to see how you can register to win!
When I announced that I’d be changing the layout of iDigHardware, I asked readers what they would like to see in the new and improved site. While many of you told me how much you loved the old design (thank you for that!), many also asked for an improved search feature. I know it can be hard to find what you’re looking for – there are now more than 2,300 posts on iDigHardware!
You asked, I listened, and hopefully finding what you need will be easier now. The search box in the site’s header looks the same, but once you type in a search term and hit the magnifying glass, you’ll have some new options for filtering the search results.
- Once your search results are displayed, you can filter by the post category by checking the boxes in the left sidebar.
- If you know the approximate date of the post you’re searching for, enter a date range to narrow the results.
- You can use the links to download the code reference guide, access the video library, take the online training, or get code help from your local Allegion office.
- The search results now have a thumbnail image, to help you identify the post that you’re trying to find.
- If you are looking for one of the articles from my Decoded series, which are typically in-depth technical articles, use the word Decoded in your search along with the topic – for example, Decoded flush bolt. You can also use QQ in the search term to find the Quick Questions that I’ve answered on a topic.
- You can browse the Wordless Wednesday and Fixed-it Friday photos any time by clicking the blue/green buttons in the right sidebar of the home page, or use WW/FF in the search box.
- And finally, if there are posts that you refer back to regularly, you can save your favorites in a customized library by registering on iDigHardware. There’s more information here.