iDigHardware has been celebrating our 10-year anniversary for several months, with an updated look, a replay of the Top 10 posts, a new code reference guide, and more! The party will continue through September, with your chance to win one of the daily or weekly prizes!
[ Before I go any further, I want to apologize to all of my Allegion coworkers because I know that some of you are iDigHardware’s biggest fans. You are not eligible to win a prize in this contest, but I would still love to hear from you, and please share the contest with your contacts! Also, this contest is only valid in the US so again, I apologize to those of you who are not eligible. 🙁 ]
So here’s the 411. When I’m shopping for a product, I value quality over just about everything else – unlike my husband, who usually goes for the low price. Last summer we spent a day in Austin, Texas with one of my coworkers and her security-integrator husband, and they took us to the Yeti store. If you have not yet been indoctrinated into the world of Yeti coolers and drinkware, it’s time.
I have to admit, many of the Yeti products do not comply with my husband’s budgetary criteria, BUT – our visit to the store was a few days before my birthday, so he and the kids splurged on a Yeti water bottle and a Yeti travel mug for me. I fell in love. For Christmas, I took advantage of Yeti’s Black Friday deal and bought my husband a Yeti cooler (it was actually for me – shhh!). And I am not kidding – if I put a bag of ice in our cooler, there will still be some ice in it a week later (how do they do that??).
When it came time to choose prizes for iDigHardware’s 10th anniversary, I immediately thought of Yeti products. Since starting my job with Allegion in 1994 (before we were even called Allegion), I have been trained to appreciate performance and durability. And I’m really, REALLY excited to have Yeti Rambler 20-ounce tumblers and Yeti Roadie 20 coolers with the new iDigHardware logo to give away as prizes this month!!
Here are the basics of the 10th anniversary contest (refer to the complete rules here):
- You can earn one entry per day, for a total of 5 per week.
- Each weekday for the month of September (2019), one name will be chosen at random from that day’s entries to win a Yeti tumbler.
- Each Saturday for the month of September (2019), one name will be chosen at random from all of the entries for that week, to win a Yeti cooler.
- All prizes will be shipped at the end of the contest – the contest runs for the entire month of September (2019).
Here’s how to enter ( remember – only 1 entry per person each day will be included in the drawing, and Allegion employees as well as readers outside of the US are not eligible to win 🙁 ):
- Submit a testimonial – I would love to hear examples of how iDigHardware ( or I 🙂 ) made your job easier. The more details, the better, and you can even include photos or videos if you’d like!
- Register on iDigHardware and start saving your favorite posts in a personalized library so you can easily find them when you need them.
- Submit one or more photos – these can be for Wordless Wednesday or Fixed-it Friday, good or bad examples of door openings, before-and-afters of repairs/replacements, or just something door-related that you found interesting or beautiful.
- Download the updated Allegion Code Reference Guide, which includes the changes to the 2018 model codes and the 2019 editions of NFPA 80 and NFPA 105, along with other commonly-used codes and standards related to doors and hardware.
- Subscribe to daily or weekly notifications of new posts on iDigHardware. If you are already a subscriber but you are not receiving your emails, check your spam/junk/clutter folder.
- Sign up for the monthly Codes & Education Newsletter from Allegion – this newsletter also includes a monthly quiz question to register for a prize!
- Or…comment on a post – there are new posts every weekday! Share your insight or expertise, or just tell me that you’re out there and I’m not talking to myself.