Jul 27 2018

FF: KittyKorner

Category: Doors & Frames,Fixed-it FridayLori @ 12:54 am Comments (9)

Creative, but I have a few concerns. How about you?

You need to login or register to bookmark/favorite this content.

Recent Posts

9 Responses to “FF: KittyKorner”

1. Lach says:

As this looks like a residential product, what happens if I have a hollow core door that are oh so common? Is it universal for a 1-3/8″ or 1-3/4″ door?

2. Vivian Volz says:

Sigh. You know someone is excited to put the kitty litter in the garage and will do this to the rated door between the garage and the house. Even if the literature warns them not to use KittyKorner on a fire-rated door, there is no one around to stop the residents from doing it.

3. Krystina says:

I’m with Lach; most likely these will be hollow core except going to a mud room, garage, or basement (where even in residential, these are sometimes required to be 20 minute). If they are 20 minutes, talk about a code violation. Additionally, how is this any better than a small dog/cat door? Seems like this option would allow cat litter smell to permeate more easily through the house(though hopefully that only happens on rare occasion–I know it happens more frequent than I agree with, but not the point!). Also, if you have a smaller dog that you want to seperate from the cat, this does not resolve that problem either. Finally, if you have children (as I do), talk about a pinch point at just the right height for a crawler chasing the cat! Overall, can’t say as though I’m impressed. Creative, unique, but not impressed.

4. Mike Elia says:

This is also helpful if the door happens to be too close to a toilet, shower curb or other obstruction… j/k

5. Edward Ong says:

I have 5 cats, I must try this product on my 1-3/8 hollow core door.

6. Robert AHC says:

I have to admit, regardless that I am a dog person and not a cat person,,, this is one of the most stupidest inventions I have ever seen.

7. curtis meskus says:

ah the magic cut machine was on the job again

I am thinking

Someone installs this

Opens it

And hardly ever closes it!!!

Like the high price retractable roofs on stadiums

Just do the corner cut and leave it at that,,,, cheaper

9. John Payson says:

If one were to take a 20-minute fire door and cut a hole in the bottom of it, to what extent would that affect performance in typical residential fire situations? From what I understand, in most fire situations there will be breathable cool air near the floor for quite awhile even after the air near the top of the door has reached auto-ignition temperature. Would air near the floor typically reach that temperature before the upper part of the door failed?

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.