May 09 2018

WW: I have no words.

Category: Door Closers,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 12:24 am Comments (9)

These Wordless Wednesday photos also qualify for Fixed-it Friday but I couldn’t wait two more days to post them.

9 Responses to “WW: I have no words.”

1. Bob Caron says:

It’s not like they don’t know how to correctly install a closer on the push side because the EXIT door across the hall has a PA bracket. I guess it’s a case of “It ain’t what you got, it’s the way that you use it”.

2. Bryan says:

The closer in the background of the first pic, under the exit sign, isn’t mounted correctly either.

3. Joel Niemi says:

Did Barbie install these for Telekom?

and, doesn’t the assembly make a lot of racket as the hinge flexes if/when the closer moves the arm?

4. Eric says:

WOW!!!!!
    Why? I don’t suppose you have a picture with the door closed? Was this because of improper templating?
    It looks like they mounted it once with the knuckle below the face of the frame and, I’m assuming, they got a surprise when things didn’t go as planned. You can see two screw holes right below the knuckle.

5. Timothy Perry says:

Where was this installed?

6. Jess the door closer doctor says:

Lol, thanks for the laugh, if I seen this I would be asking the installer what was he thinking or drinking when he installed the closer, now I think I have seen it all!

I give him credit for something, he used a piece of door hardware to make a PA bracket!

…..now let’s see if the PA bracket is being used as a hinge somewhere……

7. David Federico says:

Neccessity is the Mother of invention… especially if you don’t know anything about door hardware. Lol They get a E for Èffort as my History professor would say .

8. Lach says:

The elusive hinge plate mount.

9. Curtis Meskus says:

The box of parts and the instructions, who needs stinking instructions? I can look a one that is already installed a few feet away, oh never mind I am blind.

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.