Apr 25 2018

WW: Break Out

Category: Egress,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 12:36 am Comments (13)

I think these Wordless Wednesday photos may permanently affect my ability to speak.  Thank you to Jerry Davis of Allegion!

13 Responses to “WW: Break Out”

1. Austin Bammann says:

“Break glass but don’t sue us when you slice your hand up, please!”

2. Peter Schifferli says:

They Live Among Us!

3. Kent Krauser says:

Please provide a bigger hammer….I am in a hurry!

4. Joel Niemi says:

swing that little hammer hard to break the safety glazing AND don’t cut yourself on the edges!

5. Chuck Park says:

Prior to the lever lock, it may have had a knob lock with a glass jar over it. It seems unlikely that you would be instructed to break out that large window with that little hammer.
    There was one of those jars on a stairwell exit in an old residence building at the medical center I worked in.
    The other doors had the wind-up Best exit alarms with the breakable glass panels.

6. Alan Itzkowitz says:

Where’s the little (I mean huge) hammer on a chain.

7. A.J. Vanhooser says:

Hmmm….beyond the obvious issue…since it’s in a door, the glass is required to be safety glass of some sort. If it’s laminated safety glass, good luck getting through to the latchset.

8. Jon Griswold says:

Did they test at least once with the hammer to make sure it would break?

9. David Barbaree says:

This reminds me of the time that I was doing some demolition and tried to break a sheet of tempered glass with a sledgehammer. It’s not so easy. You have to hit it just right with the right amount of force.
    Good one, Lori! This made me laugh

10. DAVID FEDERICO says:

This is the obvious story of the the little hammer that could … Oh no wait thats the little train that could … I would imagine that the painter removed the fire alarm box on the wall in order to paint or prep the wall . perhaps there is an electric strike there we cannot see .ok too much thought my head hurts .lol

11. Mary Gates says:

Don’t get the floor dirty when you break that glass!

12. David says:

Ohhh … You can reverse the handing on a storeroom function lock? Who knew? I thought the lock had to be on the inside of the door.

Report Card

Problem Solving: A
    Creativity: A
    Life Safety: F

13. rb says:

Well at least despite requiring a special tool, they provided it. (kidding)