Apr 25 2018

WW: Break Out

Category: Egress,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 12:36 am Comments (14)

I think these Wordless Wednesday photos may permanently affect my ability to speak.  Thank you to Jerry Davis of Allegion!

14 Responses to “WW: Break Out”

1. Austin Bammann says:

“Break glass but don’t sue us when you slice your hand up, please!”

2. Peter Schifferli says:

They Live Among Us!

3. Kent Krauser says:

Please provide a bigger hammer….I am in a hurry!

4. Joel Niemi says:

swing that little hammer hard to break the safety glazing AND don’t cut yourself on the edges!

5. Chuck Park says:

Prior to the lever lock, it may have had a knob lock with a glass jar over it. It seems unlikely that you would be instructed to break out that large window with that little hammer.
    There was one of those jars on a stairwell exit in an old residence building at the medical center I worked in.
    The other doors had the wind-up Best exit alarms with the breakable glass panels.

6. Alan Itzkowitz says:

Where’s the little (I mean huge) hammer on a chain.

7. A.J. Vanhooser says:

Hmmm….beyond the obvious issue…since it’s in a door, the glass is required to be safety glass of some sort. If it’s laminated safety glass, good luck getting through to the latchset.

8. Jon Griswold says:

Did they test at least once with the hammer to make sure it would break?

9. David Barbaree says:

This reminds me of the time that I was doing some demolition and tried to break a sheet of tempered glass with a sledgehammer. It’s not so easy. You have to hit it just right with the right amount of force.
    Good one, Lori! This made me laugh

10. DAVID FEDERICO says:

This is the obvious story of the the little hammer that could … Oh no wait thats the little train that could … I would imagine that the painter removed the fire alarm box on the wall in order to paint or prep the wall . perhaps there is an electric strike there we cannot see .ok too much thought my head hurts .lol

11. Mary Gates says:

Don’t get the floor dirty when you break that glass!

12. David says:

Ohhh … You can reverse the handing on a storeroom function lock? Who knew? I thought the lock had to be on the inside of the door.

Report Card

Problem Solving: A
    Creativity: A
    Life Safety: F

13. rb says:

Well at least despite requiring a special tool, they provided it. (kidding)

14. Clifton says:

One action and no special knowledge?

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.