Sep 27 2017

WW: Emergency Escape Chute

Category: Egress,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 12:58 am Comments (10)

This video made the rounds on social media last week.  I will refrain from commenting since it is Wordless Wednesday.

10 Responses to “WW: Emergency Escape Chute”

1. cda says:

Not sure how old that video is,

But I have seen the similar videos for years.

Guess they have not caught on?

2. lach says:

Certainly hope those shoots are not flammable. Wonder what weight they are rated to. What if there is a heavy cross wind and you get tangled? To me this is one of those “man, if I don’t think about it, that’s a pretty good idea!” But then of course you think about it.

3. Austin B says:

Looks like a Diaper Genie!

4. Cathy Kopp says:

I can see 40 people in a pile at the bottom … if they make it to the bottom.

5. Keith Staples says:

I wouldn’t get in that. I’m not a fan of tight spaces, that looks tight. I’d take my chance sliding on the outside of it though.

6. John Truempy says:

Do I then get to turn stuck people over to the plumbing shop?

7. Barry Caesar says:

I’m a firefighter and for the past seven years we ave used a bail out kit, which consists of a 30 foot rope attached to a super strong bracket but it’s only used in super emergencies, not getting down from a window or roof or if there’sis no other way, that slide like Kathy Kopp said in her comment, there will probably be a pile up at the bottom, this bailout harness is only for one person, every interior firefighter wears one.

8. Ron says:

i bet the families of the obese and disabled would sue
    if it failed to accommodate them to safety as well…

9. Bryan McKeehan says:

Hmm, I can imagine someone hurling their last meal on the way down, no thanks!