Aug 07 2015

FF: Funky Floor Stops

Category: Fixed-it Friday,StopsLori @ 6:11 am Comments (20)

I don’t know that I’ve ever seen floor stops like these…

Floor Stops

If anyone knows a manufacturer or model number for this product, please leave a comment below.

Thank you to Morriss Johnson for this Fixed-it Friday photo!

20 Responses to “FF: Funky Floor Stops”

1. Lee Francisco says:

Well that certainly eliminates the tripping hazard!

2. David Scott Kenyon says:

I think overhead stops would have been less costly and perhaps less obtrusive.

3. Dawn says:

I love these doorstops because they prevent a tripping hazard at grade!
    Thanks for sharing!

4. Walt McKee says:

Ok. Maybe if the architect had designed the overhang deep enough to allow pedestrians to be far enough away from the outward swinging doors, the stops could have been much less obtrusive. I know we all don’t want to get wet during a rainstorm and in this particular instance, everyone would be walking right next to the storefront which in turn would end up being blasted by an opening door. So I guess this is probably the best thing to do, not only does it stop the door and protect the adjacent storefront from being shattered, it also acts as a pedestrian caution bollard as well.
    Thanks,
    Walt

5. Martin Badke aka lauxmyth says:

Why not? These stops would be more effective than overheads. I just wish the rubber bumper was set at the same height for all the doors.

• Chuck Park says:

Martin – I’d be willing to bet that they all started at the same height, and some kids came along and held the posts and jumped on the bumpers (like a pogo stick) until they hit the ground.

6. Glenn Younger says:

High wind areas like Airports these work great.

7. liberty says:

Who makes those, I could use them in problem locations. Also the handicap parking signs are too high.

I don’t know where they came from. Maybe someone else will recognize them. I added a note requesting a manufacturer/model number.

8. TJ says:

Curran Engineering Co in California. model CE-910 or CE-911. They also make the guard rails for high energy auto swing and bifold doors.

9. Travis says:

Check with ABH, they have something like this. It is made to order, you tell them how tall I think.

10. Jason says:

These actually look like some sort of cart bumper. Maybe the architect / designer is using them for door stops in lieu of their intended purpose.

11. Bill B says:

They look like the units installed with door operators to create a safe zone when the doors open out.

12. Bobby says:

Perhaps this is a hockey arena and these are themed. Seems apt.

13. Mojo says:

These are located at a multiplex theater, south facing, sitting on a hill above a lake. Lots of wind at this location.

I saw one today in a vestibule for a grocery store.

Looked like it was there for shopping carts to bump against it.

15. Tom Breese says:

I know the folks at Curran Engineering [http://www.curranengineering.com/bollards-post-systems/] can make these, although I don’t think they made the units pictured here. I usually use a guard rail to exclude sideways pedestrians in school work. Overhead stops and door closer backstop arms, even the toughest ones, are problematic.

16. Keith Krienke says:

Great looking product! Overhead doors stops are horrible door torture devices.

Thanks for providing the manufacturer, I will take note.