Jul 21 2014

Help Wanted: Emhart Templates

Category: Locks & KeysLori @ 12:56 pm Comments (14)

I know someone out there has an old Emhart template book, or knows someone who does.  A facility is reusing the locks below with new hollow metal doors, and they need a template.  The existing locks are working fine and accessibility is not an issue.  New locks are not in the budget.  Can anyone help with the templates?  The estimate on the age of these locks is late-80’s/early-90’s.  If you need additional information, let me know.  If you know any Emhart experts, please forward the link to them.

Emhart Lock

14 Responses to “Help Wanted: Emhart Templates”

1. David R. DeFilippo says:

How about someone with a ruler and square and some gridded paper just make their own?

2. Rich says:

Good afternoon Lori: We have a bunch of these on the shelf brand new old stock. I am sending you an email with a PDF of the hole template.
    Rich

3. Keith Krienke says:

I may just have something, I have an archive of old corbin/emhart lock stuff here.

4. Howard Krutzler says:

have done many old locks the long way,

if all the same ( or not ), and template(s) are not found,

all you need is to remove the lock(s) and use a square to take your measurements on center, horizontal & vertical, from the high side edge of the door if it is beveled or just straight if not beveled,

center, backsets, verticals/horizontal,

use painter tape on the new doors and mark your predrill holes ( 1/8 or 1/4 inch ), predrill then insert lock body into door and check alignment before final size holes are drilled,

if all the same then you can make a paper or metal template and Bob’s your uncle…

5. Pete Schifferli says:

Emhart morphed into Corbin Russwin, should fit standard ANSI A156.13 prep.

6. C.H. Park Jr. says:

The facility I spent almost thirty years in was a C/R facility, with a mix of really old iron-case mortise locks, green iron-case mortise locks, and steel-case mortise locks.

The green iron-case locks can use the same templates as the newer C/R 2000 series steel-case locks.

The only difference is that there are no trim bolt-thru holes on the iron-case locks, and the deadlatch has been moved to underneath the latch in some functions.

7. Chuck says:

If they are replacing the doors, wouldn’t that be an upgrade that requires the doors to now be equipped with Levers?

8. Rick says:

That lock has the same templating as the ML2000 series as of 2008. I’m not sure about todays locks.

9. andrew says:

If you are looking for a Lexan plastic template for any door hardware type, mortise locks, cyls, door closers etc, give us a call. If you have the hardware, I have the template. Good luck.

10. Bob says:

Hello
    In hotel where I work have old Emhart 233N locks… Can some one help me to buy similar ol or new locks or any other lock similar can replacement. Thanks