The difference between delayed egress and controlled egress systems can be confusing…hopefully the new infographic below will help. It explains how these systems work, where they are used, and how to choose the correct application.
For more information on these two applications, you can:
- View a short whiteboard animation video: Decoded: Controlled Egress vs. Delayed Egress
- Watch the recording of a master class: Decoded: Delayed Egress and Controlled Egress Locking Systems
- Read an article on controlled egress: Locksmith Ledger: Model Code Comparison – Controlled Egress Locking Systems
- Read an article on delayed egress: Locksmith Ledger: Model Code Comparison – Delayed Egress Locking Systems
- Visit the Special Locking Arrangements page on this site: iDigHardware.com/SLA
- Download the infographic as a PDF: Understanding these two special locking arrangements
Let us know what you think about the new infographic! Would a similar resource addressing other electrified hardware applications be useful?