I truly believe this…knowledge empowers each of us. I often find when I’m teaching about codes, that people believe something to be true that they learned 20 years ago. But things change, and it’s crucial that we keep up with what’s new in the industry.
Next up on Webinar Wednesday:
WEDNESDAY, November 10th (all times are Eastern)
- 10:00-11:00am: Essentials of Fire Door Inspections
- Are you responsible or partially responsible for the integrity of the fire-rated openings at your facility or your customer’s facility? If so, then you probably also have some responsibility to ensure these openings pass an annual fire door inspection. The National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) first introduced requirements for annual fire door inspections in their 2007 edition of the NFPA 80 Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives. Since the NFPA 80 2013 edition, fire door inspectors are required to examine each fire door assembly for thirteen criteria. Learn what those thirteen criteria are, how to spot them, and ultimately, how to protect life and property by keeping fire doors operating properly. Join Jeff Tock, our End User Training Manager, for this informative session.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Servicing Schlage Networked AD Series Locks and Peripherals with Schlage Utility Software
- Schlage Utility Software (SUS) is a robust tool that not only is used to set-up and secure your Schlage AD Series products, it can also help you maintain peak performance from your devices. During their lifecycle, troubleshooting, servicing, and occasional updates of your networked AD devices may be required, and this is the tool that helps you perform these tasks. This session will help you to achieve optimal performance of your AD components. John Dalrymple, our Electronics Training Manager, will lead this session.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Basic Hardware: Keying, Locks, and Exit Devices
- If you are new to the world of door hardware, this event is for you. Gordon Malczewski, our Schlage Training Manager, will address lock functions and their applications and the basics of panic and fire exit hardware. He will introduce you to key systems.
Also WEDNESDAY, November 10th
More Door Drills!
Are you responsible in whole or part for keeping the doors at your facility in good working order? If so, our Door Drills series is for you.
- 2:00-3:00pm Eastern: Door Drills | Maintenance Tips for Your Von Duprin Exit Hardware, Featuring the 98/99 Series
- Because the Von Duprin exit device is designed and built to last, with just a little care and attention and perhaps with the occasional addition of an optional feature, the exit device will perform its essential life safety role well for many years. Attend this session as we address such service items as checking for proper mounting and lubrication, device settings that determine the trim locking/unlocking operation, replacing the shear pin on the lever trim, adding cylinder dogging, adding an alarm kit, etc.
FRIDAY, November 12th
The Allegion 101 series continues!
New to the architectural hardware or commercial door industry, or new to our Allegion family of brands? Our Allegion 101 Series has been designed for you. Learn the essentials of each product category or topic so that you can get your footing in this broad and deep industry. Attend as many or as few session in the series as you would like and as your schedule permits.
- 1:00-2:00pm Eastern: Allegion 101. Intro to Schlage Cylinders, Keys, & Key Systems
- In this session, we will address the core terms one needs to understand in order to grow one’s understanding of key systems. You will see how a cylinder works. You will learn how to recognize and describe popular Schlage key systems. Join us for this informative and foundational session to ‘unlock’ the world of key systems.