Have you ever run into the problem of needing to secure a door serving an enclosed courtyard, but also needing to provide free egress from the courtyard through the interior of the building? Past editions of the model codes did not address an authorized means of locking these doors, but the 2021 International Building Code does. I will be covering this new section in my 2021 code update webinar next week, on Thursday, August 26th.
The webinar will be held twice that day: 11:00 AM – 12:30 PM, and 2:00 – 3:30 PM, and will qualify for continuing education credits for AIA and DHI. Use the links below for more information and to register for your preferred time.
The Allegion 101 series was designed for people who are new to the industry, new to the Allegion family of brands, or just want to learn more about hardware. If you know of someone who has just started their career in the door and hardware industry, or maybe someone in another role who could begin learning more about the technical / product side of things, set them up with this course!
Allegion 101 | Secure the Door – Intro to Schlage Cylinders, Keys, & Key Systems
Tuesday, August 17th, 1:00pm – 2:30pm Eastern
In this session, we will address the core terms one needs to understand in order to grow one’s understanding of key systems. You will see how a cylinder works. You will learn how to recognize and describe popular Schlage key systems. Join us for this informative and foundational session to ‘unlock’ the world of key systems.
Our national trainers continue their Webinar Wednesday series!
Wednesday, August 18th (all times are EDT)
- 10:00-11:00am: Introduction to Basic Masterkeying
- If you’ve ever wondered how master keying works and are interested in learning some best practices for establishing and managing a master key system, this webinar is for you. Learn how there is a balance of safety, security and convenience aspects to any master key system. Learn the standard industry terms you will encounter when discussing master key system requirements with others. From this webinar, you can download a master key system survey form to assess an existing master key system, including identifying potential weaknesses of the system. Join Gordon Malczewski, our Senior Schlage Trainer, for this informative session.
- 12:00-1:00pm: Introduction to Republic Doors and Frames
- Republic Doors and Frames joined our Allegion family of brands in 2017. In this session, our Steelcraft and Republic Training Manager, Leon Starks, will introduce you to Republic, one of the founding members of the Steel Door Institute (SDI). Learn about Republic’s two frame series, their profiles, and anchors. Familiarize yourself with Republic doors, including their popular options and models. Leon will also touch on the hardware preparations available for Republic frames and doors. Hope you can join us.
- 4:00-5:00pm: Basic Hardware – Keying, Locks, and Exit Devices
- If you are new to the world of door hardware, this event is for you. Gordon Malczewski, our Schlage Training Manager, will address lock functions and their applications and the basics of panic and fire exit hardware. He will introduce you to key systems.
Allegion’s Security in 30 sessions are 30-minute webinars designed with integrators in mind. If you are an access control integrator, please join us Friday, August 20th, 12:30pm-1:00pm EDT
Security in 30: Live with Allegion – Training Strategies to Support Your Business Growth
Presented by Peter Wilson, Training Manager for Channel Partners
There are many opportunities to grow your business, but taking them on can sometimes result in unexpected “learning curves” that can challenge your teams and cause disruptions. Additionally, manufacturers continue to create solutions that solve ever-subtler needs, with ever-increasing sophistication, creating further strain on you and your team’s attention and mental energy. How can you get the most out of the time you allocate for training? Join Peter Wilson, Training Manager for Channel Partners, to learn ways to leverage the wide range of training resources available today, and strategies for prioritizing your own training.