This week I’m headed to our office in Carmel, Indiana, and one of the things I’m going to work on is the plan for 2017. Since I get most of my good ideas from the readers of iDigHardware, I’d like to ask you…what should I work on next?
Of course I will continue to post something new each weekday, I’ll revise the code reference guide when the new edition of ICC A117.1 is released, and I’ll keep working on the code change proposals that are currently going through the code development process. But what else would help you?
Here are some ideas that have been suggested…
- Podcasts that discuss current codes and upcoming changes.
- An app that includes a checklist of code requirements with links to more information.
- A reference book about code requirements related to door openings – in hard copy and ebook format.
- Expansion of the website’s focus beyond codes to include more information about products and applications.
- Additional videos which examine a particular section of a code or standard.
- More classes – on-demand, webinars, or taught in-person by Allegion personnel.
- Something else? Any particular topics I should work on?
It would be really helpful if you’d share some of your thoughts in the comments, so I know what you need. Be as specific as you can – and thank you!!