Nov 04 2016

FF: Shifting Gears

Category: Fixed-it FridayLori @ 12:33 am Comments (9)

I’ve shared lots of photos from my travels over the years…in fact, I went on a quick road trip this week and will have some photos to post soon.  In the meantime, check out today’s Fixed-it Friday photos from Mongolia, and thank you to Deborah Greene – a set decorator from NYC, who shared them with us!

mongolian-door

mongolian-door-knob

Have you seen any interesting doors lately?  I’d love some photos!

~~~

Do you need some education on codes?  The DeCoded classes are available on-demand on my training page!

9 Responses to “FF: Shifting Gears”

1. lach says:

Do you have to put the door in reverse to open it?

2. Joel Niemi says:

I need to remember that for my next automotive-related project !

3. Rich says:

It only works if you “clutch” it correctly.

4. jutzi says:

I like the “anchor hinge”!

5. T.J. Gottwalt says:

Nice use of a reinforcing pivot!

6. Louise says:

This reminds me of a discussion from last week.
    How many people know what PRND21 is?

The letters/numbers for an automatic transmission?

My 15YO daughter saw a VW Bug for sale the other day (coincidentally the same car I had in high school), and said she really loved it…”but I don’t know how to drive a standard.” How about – you won’t have a license for a year?!?!

• Cecilia says:

A piece of trivia I heard on the radio actually this morning. Only 18% of the population (non commercial) knows how to drive a standard.

Well, my daughter will definitely know how – once she’s old enough to drive! 🙂

Don’t tell anyone, but my husband doesn’t know how to drive a standard!

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.