Aug 24 2016

WW: Holey Hurricane

This Wordless Wednesday door is for a Florida public school’s hurricane shelter.  🙁

Hurricane Shelter Door

13 Responses to “WW: Holey Hurricane”

1. lach says:

Pretty sure that no longer qualifies as hurricane rated.

2. Marcus Muirhead says:

Morons are so creative, and they never take a break from their colossal ignorance and stupidity. When you think you’ve seen it all… just realize: that will never happen.

3. Glendrick says:

I suppose every shelter needs some ventilation 😉

4. Bryan says:

Must be steel-stiffened and no factory raceway. I think I would have ordered a new door.

5. Jerry Richmond, AHC/CDC says:

What the heck were they doing? I’ve never seen one door so butchered up!

6. Rick Halloran says:

Was that before or after the hurricane?

7. John dalrymple says:

Proof that you can take a perfectly good door and ruin it.

8. Diana Morton says:

I agree. No Race way and they had a HOLE lot of trouble pulling the wires through. LOL

9. Daniel Poehler says:

This door has obviously gone through several retrofits and the Owner should be advised to start anew with door and frame along with the hardware.

10. LachSr says:

I hope they get a new door. With those holes in it I would think it’s structurally unsound now.

11. Jared says:

Aside from the “raceway” how many wires do they need to get to that trim?? Am I missing something. I use to route EL trim power through the small space between the baseplate and extruded aluminum.

12. Elizabeth says:

Lite kit in the door? I’m from the Midwest so I don’t design for hurricanes, so that doesn’t make much sense to me.

13. Kent Krauser, AHC,FDAI says:

Why didn’t the installer simply run the wires down the channel of the exit device in lieu of inside the door that wasn’t prepped with a raceway? He probably is one of those highly qualified installers south Florida is famous for having! Yep, probably been installin dem vandupers for 30 years or more! Good grief!

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.