UPDATE: This conference has been cancelled due to the unrest in Baltimore. 🙁
I’m headed to Baltimore tomorrow for the DHI Industry Convention – CoNEXTions. I’m excited to see all of my industry pals! It will be a jam-packed week, so if you’ll be there and would like to connect, here’s where I’ll be:
- Wednesday, 2:00-4:30 p.m. and Thursday, 9:45 a.m.-12:20 p.m. I’ll be in Room 337 teaching Code Jeopardy! Each class is 45 minutes long and there are two sessions with completely different questions, so come to Session 1, Session 2, or both to find out what’s new and get a refresher on some existing requirements. It’s a fun and interactive way to learn about codes, and there are prizes for the winning team in each of the 6 classes. It doesn’t matter whether you take Session 1 or Session 2 first, or if you take one without the other. Just come and play!
- Wednesday, 5:00-8:00 p.m. and Thursday, 12:30-6:30 p.m. I’ll be at the tradeshow in Allegion booth #927 with LOTS of my Allegion colleagues. Come and see the Schlage NDE lock with ENGAGE technology, learn about the ProExpress program, and find out what’s new with our brands.
- Thursday, 8:00 a.m.-9:30 a.m. I will be at the Forum for the Future Kick-Off Breakfast in the 4th-floor ballroom, where I’m receiving a Ryan Award for my article called Six Accessibility Changes to Watch Out For. Jeff Havens will be speaking on “Us vs. Them”…how to handle generational differences at work.
- Thursday, 6:30-9:00 p.m. is the Allegion party at Geppi’s Entertainment Museum, which is at 301 West Camden Street, across the street from the Convention Center and Camden Yards. This is a great venue, exhibiting almost 6,000 pop culture artifacts from the late 1700s to the present day. You’re invited, so come over for cocktails and hors d’oeuvres. We want to thank you for your support during our first year as Allegion and beyond!
- Friday, 11:45-a.m.-1:30 p.m. I’ll be at the Foundation Keynote Lunch in the 4th Floor Ballroom to hear Cal Ripken, Jr. share his insight on the importance of perseverance, vision, teamwork, communication and more.