Mar 15 2017

WW: Beer Run

Category: Egress,Wordless WednesdayLori @ 12:22 am Comments (10)

Today’s Wordless Wednesday photo is from Tim Weller of Allegion.  How is it possible that NOBODY else (except us) seems to notice stuff like this??

10 Responses to “WW: Beer Run”

1. Laura Pedersen says:

Doors, especially emergency exit doors, are just part of the background to most people. Before joining the industry I never paid any more attention to emergency exit doors than I did to the ceiling lights or floor tiles. A cursory glance, then it’s gone from memory forever.

Your visual cortex actively filters out objects that it thinks are unimportant or uninteresting. Something can be in plain sight, but be effectively invisible to the conscious mind:

2. Curtis Meskus says:

I notice all the time when I am in buildings, if it is under my jurisdiction I ask for an immediate fix, then I come back again and the next manager of the day puts the bread there and the beat goes on and on

3. Bill says:

Your right, except us.

4. Pam says:

Catchy headline – I thought you were going to host a 5K run with beer at the end for your followers 🙂
    I would not have recognized this before working in the industry and now I see it all too often.

5. Anthony Wan says:

“Please grab a 12-pack before exiting the burning building”

6. Brad Keyes says:

Notice what….?

7. Milt Allred says:

I think, in this case, Tim noticed the door after seeing the beer!

8. Rich McKie says:

It is just us.
    Just today I came across a set of cross-corridor fire doors that not only had Mag locks (Which I hope were approved by the AHJ), they also had spring loaded surface bolts on both leaves. Who does these things, and why hasn’t anyone else questioned this??? *sigh

9. Louise says:

I think I was born this way.
    In an unfamiliar place, my dad always sat with his back to the wall.
    He looked for the exits and parked under the lights.