Feb 27 2013

WW: Exit in Disguise, Fire Door with Accessories

Category: Egress,Fire DoorsLori @ 12:29 am Comments (8)

Chuck Noble of Certified Fire Door sent me these Wordless Wednesday photos.  At the risk of stating the obvious, exits have to be visible and can’t be concealed by decorations, and items attached to a fire door must be listed for that use.

Painted Exit Closed

Painted Exit Open

Fire Door with Accessories

8 Responses to “WW: Exit in Disguise, Fire Door with Accessories”

1. Joel Niemi says:

Looks like the chocolate factory-store exit leads into the stockroom, too …

2. Kent Krauser, AHC says:

If that’s a pair of FIRE rated doors, then the exit devices are illegal cuz they have dogging!

3. not John says:

The last set of doors has everything but closer covers!

4. Bob Caron says:

The lack of closer covers is to help keep those things cool because something tells me that those doors get quite a workout. Don’t want that oil to boil.

• Todd says:

This is a clever joke right?! I’ve never heard of such a thing.

Yes, Bob was kidding. 🙂

• Bob Caron says:

Yes, I was joking about the boiling oil but I’m sure that if you force a liquid through a small hole at a high rate of speed over and over, it will warm up some. Seeing all that protective equipment made me think that someone is driving a fleet of forklift trucks with bumpers to hit the push-pads and they drive through without stopping. :O

5. Chuck Park says:

Kent: Those may be blank buttons in the dogging key keyholes. Those look like Yale or Assa-Abloy family devices. I’ve installed some fire-rated Corbin/Russwin devices of the same design that had blank buttons in the keyholes.