Nov 26 2018

What the world needs now…

Category: General InfoLori @ 1:51 pm Comments (22)

Some of you are undoubtedly wondering where I am and why I haven’t answered all of your emails.  You may be thinking that I won the lottery or fell in front of a bus and that there will never again be a WW, FF, QQ, or anything else posted on iDigHardware.  Imagine a world without iDH!

I have been diagnosed with bronchitis AND walking pneumonia…you may not know that someone could get both of those things simultaneously, but this is my second time (I’m an overachiever – haha!).  So – I’m sorry – I have A LOT of emails to catch up on, but I have been really, REALLY sick.  I hope you can be patient with the patient (me).

And P.S. I DO wash my hands regularly.

via me.me

Comic credit: Robbie Meriales

You need to login or register to bookmark/favorite this content.

Recent Posts

22 Responses to “What the world needs now…”

1. Mary Hinton says:

Praying you’ll feel better soon! Hang in there. (:

2. Eric Rieckers says:

Get well soon!

3. Sandy Bruns says:

Get better soon!!!!!!!!!!!

4. Karen says:

Hope you are feeling better soon, Lori!

5. Chuck park says:

Get well soon, Lori!

6. Ansy Lindenberg says:

Sounds terrible. Hope you feel better soon. Oh…. and love the cartoon, although the closer illustration could be a bit more accurate. Pull side PA arm?

• Jess the door closer doctor says:

I guess could be worse, once got a question from someone with a top jamb install on pull side,

Only way I have not YET find a install error, closer vertically mounted.

7. Robert Chillino says:

LORI

We wish you all the best and a quick recovery

8. Scott Big Door Foley says:

Hope you feel better quick Lori

9. Anthony Wan says:

Hope you feel better Lori, having one of those sicknesses is already painful enough, but you having both. Stay strong and take your meds!

10. Julia B says:

Lori,

Hang in there and get better soon. We will manage to live without your wisdom until you are healed. Prayers and hugs to you!

11. Thomas O'Connor says:

I hope you feel better soon.
    Your website is invaluable. I have been spreading the word for years. Still, I am always surprised by how many hardware professionals haven’t heard of you, or are not availing themselves after I have told them.
    Tom

Praying for a rapid recovery!!

Eat lots of jalapeños, They will cure what ails you.

13. steven says:

I feel for you Lori I also had the same diagnosis a few years back. I was working a lot of overtime to catch up on the building boom, while going thru a divorce, just months after my father died of Leukemia. It sounds like a lot and it was, but i did survive. So keep strong and get lots of rest. A few hot totties will not hurt either. We need you back, iDH is the thing i look for everyday. Best Wishes.

14. Gody Famy says:

Get well soon!

15. Eric T says:

Sorry to hear you’re sick. Hope you have a quick recovery.

Great cartoon.
    I think there should be a new code (perhaps LS 101) that requires all restroom doors to be out-swinging (for sanitation reasons). I can’t stand an in-swing door to a restroom that has electric hand dryers only or towel dispensers that require a lever to feed the towels. It’s like a man-trap for those of us that are health conscious. The idea of going back into a stall for a wad of toilet paper is nasty and waiting for someone else to come in can sometimes take a very long time.

Can you push for this and get it implemented at your next code meeting? Thanks!

16. davidm@departsure.net says:

Lori –
    I hope you start feeling better and get well soon.
    This “washed” vs “unwashed” handle is so needed.
    I was recently in a men’s restroom when a guy came out of a toilet stall and exited without washing. Yuck!
    I always use my paper hand towel to open the door when able.
    When I’m in a rest room that has gone “paperless”, I’m truly perplexed.
    I think all restroom doors should open out, so the doors can be pushed open from within without having to touch the door.
    Get well!
    David

17. Raymond Holman, AHC says:

Hang in there, kiddo! Hunker down and get well. We’ll be here when you get back.

18. Pat Szejna says:

I just recently saw a “foot pull” in a restroom mounted to the bottom of the door. BTW, I thought those illnesses were only reserved for us in the northern climates. Get well soon!

• Jess the door closer doctor says:

My first encounter with the foot pull was at a home depot, perfect luttle invention accept for not too helpful for people who have balance issues or used a wheelchair to enter the bathroom.

The foot handle is under the name of “Step ‘n Pull”

• LarryG says:

Another highly questionable product with reasonably foreseeable liability issues. Several apparent, obvious code issues, in particular a lack of ADA compliance, and a failure to warning against installing on rated doors.

Curious to note the manufacturer states they contacted DOL to verify ADA compliance. Not sure why as DOL has no ADA jurisdiction/enforcement authority.

19. carl.kwechin@am.jll.com says:

Feel better soon.

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.