Apr 09 2015

2 Doors – Beautiful or Average

Category: VideosLori @ 2:53 pm Comments (9)

To all of my gal-pals who read iDigHardware, I hope you choose the beautiful door.  🙂

Previous Post: | Next Post:

9 Responses to “2 Doors – Beautiful or Average”

1. Lee Francisco says:

I want to see this test done with the “Beautiful” door on the right and the “Average” door on the left. Bet you have a different result.

2. B. Holt says:

…Beautiful… 🙂 thanks Lori

3. Carol says:

Hi….

I love all your post.

It’s the beautiful door me !!

4. Daniel Davis says:

I was disappointed how many went through the average side. I would choose beautiful then hold the door open for many to follow.

5. BJL says:

And you are beautiful too!

6. Scott says:

Having 3 beautiful daughters, this was one of the best I’ve seen in a long time…Attta Girl!!!

7. Tom Breese says:

Fascinating! I know the video was sponsored by Dove products, which are marketed for women, but I’m curious how men reacted/behaved given the same choices — I’m presuming the cameras were rolling. And, I like Lee Francisco’s idea of swapping left & right, just to see if ‘handing’ is a factor, or is it merely convenience that drives the decision.

Subtle but important part of our industry, the ‘psychology’ of doors — their appearance, placement, usage — as a part of human interaction with architecture at large. Very curious what studies have been done so far.

Thanks again for all you do!

8. Mary Hinton says:

Great video, thank you for sharing. We should all choose the beautiful door! I certainly hope my daughter would. (:

This website or its third party tools use cookies, which are necessary to its functioning and required to achieve the purposes illustrated in the cookie policy. If you want to know more or withdraw your consent to all or some of the cookies, please refer to the cookie policy. By closing this banner, scrolling this page, clicking a link or continuing to browse otherwise, you agree to the use of cookies.