Jun 02 2014

Trump SoHo – NYC

Category: Beautiful Doors,Road TripsLori @ 9:27 am Comments (10)

I spent last weekend in New York City, and saw these beautiful leather and stainless entrance doors on the Trump SoHo.  I’m not sure how practical they will be long-term, but they’re gorgeous now!

Trump Soho Entrance

Transom Panel Above  Bottom Rail

Leather Detail

The (opaque) glass doors on the bathroom stalls also had some interesting hardware:

Stall Unlocked

Stall Locked

The top pivot and the indicator:

Top Pivot  Indicator

And…no stop.  Every door needs one!

No Stop

10 Responses to “Trump SoHo – NYC”

And was Donald responsive to your recommendations??

Well, I did get a Tweet from the Trump SoHo. The Donald probably has people who do that for him.

2. nitramnaed says:

Lori,
    Nice bathroom hardware. Manufacturer or custom?

3. Joanne Gretter says:

Beautiful doors. But, does that full-height pull encroach on the 10″ smooth area required at the bottom rail? It’s hard to judge dimensions from a photo, and they look like monumental doors, so maybe they comply. Thanks for a great blog.

The doors do not have the 10″-high smooth surface required by current accessibility standards, but since construction began in 2006 it would have been on the old NYC code.

4. Joel Niemi says:

about those 10″ smooth, (door push/pull handle tip) unobstructed bottom sections on the doors …

I’m pretty sure this was built under the old NYC code, and I don’t think the 10″ requirement was part of that. But it warms my heart that people pick up on that issue now. I’m going to take partial credit for helping to spread the word. 🙂

5. William Pegues says:

Ha, I really like the bathroom functionality for stopping doors. They stop for sure, just sort of an expensive way to do it -grin!

6. Jess says:

nice impressive pair, I would have to say that must have cost a few thousand dollars per door to put up.

pivots/closer: H28 Rixson (closer in floor) top pivot, not sure

with doors like this, I would have a feeling any door enthusiast would have to have extra camera cards and more then one spare battery if taking pictures of them.

plus it’s NYC, how can you resist!

-Jess the door closer doctor