I don’t usually post twice in one day, but I wanted to share today’s stats (so far). Zombies are obviously a very popular topic!
I love that the spikes represent such a varied group of posts…
- 10/7/2010 – The day that my daughter had surgery and SO MANY people came to see if I had posted an update (I was touched!).
- 8/14/2012 – When I wrote about UL’s bulletin regarding fire doors <32″ wide.
- 9/7/2012 – My post about a local mother dying of cancer and the efforts to help (Kris passed away last spring).
- 1/17/2013 – The hazards of traditional wired glass and current code requirements.
- 10/31/2013 – Today’s post about Specifying Zombie-Resistant Door Openings!
It’s clear from the graph that the site has experienced steady growth from the beginning – who would have thought there are over 145,000 people on Earth who were interested in hardware?? Of course, a few of them may have found their way here accidentally, like the guy who Googled “naked ladies with no cover ups” and was directed to my post on LCN’s snap-on cover (for naked closers). But the majority of visitors came on purpose. In addition to some variation of “i hate hardware”, “i dig hardware”, or “Lori Greene hardware blog”, the top search terms that brought people to the site are:
- smoke door
- UL 1784
- NFPA 80
- when is panic hardware required
- smoke compartment
- double egress pair
- open back strike
- history of LCN closers
- wicket door
The site has had visitors from 186 countries! The most frequent visitors are:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- United Arab Emirates
In the US, the states with the most visitors are:
- New York
- North Carolina
There are almost 900 published posts on the site, more than 4,000 comments, and 3,600 photos! I’m very proud of the resource that this site has become, and would like to thank you all for engaging, sharing, and improving the hardware industry, the safety of buildings, and the hardware knowledge of those in related industries. Thank you!!