The Decoded course is a 4-class series on code requirements applicable to doors and hardware. Classes will be held online, led by Lori Greene, Manager – Codes & Resources for Allegion. There is no charge for this course.
The course is based on the following codes:
- International Building Code (IBC)
- NFPA 101 – The Life Safety Code
- NFPA 80 – Standard for Fire Doors and Other Opening Protectives
- ICC A117.1 – Standard for Accessible and Usable Buildings and Facilities
Classes cover the following subject areas:
- Accessibility Requirements
- Fire Door Assemblies
- Egress and Life Safety
- Codes for Electrified Hardware
The 4 classes in the Decoded series will be held on April 11th, April 25th, May 2nd, and May 9th at 1 p.m. Eastern Daylight Time (Central: noon, Mountain – 11 a.m., Pacific – 10 a.m.). Plan for 1 hour of instruction per class, plus up to 15 minutes of Q&A.
For anyone participating in industry education through the Door & Hardware Institute, the Decoded course will help prepare you to take the COR140 challenge exam. Additional materials will be available for independent study.