Allegion is conducting a series of monthly webinars for access control integrators, which address code compliant access solutions for various applications. All webinars are held at 2 p.m. Eastern. Click here to register or to access recordings of past webinars in this series.
October 23, 2014 – Delayed Egress
- Every retail store has to manage exterior doors and employee entrances. Balancing enough egress for fire code, while protecting inventory, can be challenging, yet is vitally important. This is the second webinar in a series by Allegion that will highlight challenging applications you face every day, the code implications, and compliant solutions. This webinar will include several scenarios in a large retail building where access control is needed on exterior doors and the employee entrance. We will discuss important code considerations when balancing enough egress for fire code while protecting inventory, provide wiring diagrams and hardware specifications for several code compliant solutions.
November 13, 2014 – Automatic operators
- Healthcare facilities, like many others, are constantly challenged with finding the right balance between accessibility and security. In this webinar we will examine a perimeter entrance and discuss how access control can be added to a pair of doors with automatic operators. We will discuss the unique codes that govern these applications and provide several solutions to consider.
December 18, 2014 – Security interlocks
- Security interlocks, also known as mantraps, are used either for security or to control air-flow into a clean room. The codes governing security interlocks are as complex as the systems themselves. This webinar will walk you through an example of a clean room in a pharmaceutical manufacturing facility. We will discuss the unique code considerations as well as several electronic access control solutions.
January 22, 2015 – Gates and remote locations
- Protecting school grounds is a top priority, but adding access control in remote areas can be problematic. Fire and life safety codes for applications such as gates are often overlooked. This webinar will look at the unique needs of an elementary school in securing the bus parking area. We will discuss the codes that must be considered and provide an overview of several innovative wireless solutions that enable electronic access control to quickly and easily be added.
Past webinars in this series:
- The inherent conflict of maintaining a secure building while providing safe emergency egress is an ever growing challenge. Understanding complex fire codes, changing building uses and ADA laws can be difficult, yet is critical to life safety. This webinar is the first in a series by Allegion that will highlight challenging applications you face every day, the code implications and compliant solutions. We will begin with several scenarios in commercial office building where access control is needed on a fire door. We will discuss important code considerations for fire doors and provide wiring diagrams and hardware specifications for several code compliant solutions.