Ingersoll Rand Security Technologies

May 20 2014

Allegion Code Reference Guide – Available for Download!

Category: NewsLori @ 10:17 am Comments (13)

Last week I posted the final-final draft of the guide, and several amazing and meticulous readers combed through it looking for missing commas and errant apostrophes (thank you!).  The final updates have been made, and I’ve added a tab above (Guide) so you can come back and download it again if you need to.  You will be asked a few questions before you download the guide, but it only takes a minute.  I will be updating the guide when the 2015 codes are available, so I would like to be able to notify you when the new edition is done.  You can also request hard copies from your local Allegion rep or by clicking here.

Click here to share the guide with your colleagues!

Click here to download a copy of the guide!

Enjoy!

Allegion Code Reference Guide

This guide includes highlights of some of the codes and standards.  We recommend that you consult the applicable code or standard for complete information.  The referenced publications may be purchased here:

National Fire Protection Association (NFPA)

International Code Council (ICC)

13 Responses to “Allegion Code Reference Guide – Available for Download!”

1. Vince Black says:

Much appreciated Lori!!!

Thank you.

Fantastic work as usual

I like the product placement , like in the movies, on page 3!!!

Thanks Charles! Do you think this would be valuable to code officials or do they already know where to find all of this information?

• Cda says:

Very valuable

It condenses to one book instead of thumbing back and forth

Other than the forum, how do I make them aware of it?

• Cda says:

A few ways

Send to all icc chapters

Fire engineering magazine

Sfpe chapters and magazine

All state fire marshals

Fire marshal associations

3. Chuck says:

Wow Lori!
    The right info in a clear, concise package!

4. Wayne Ficklin says:

Thank you for posting this. It condenses a lot of useful information in one handy place.

5. Safecrackin Sammy says:

Fantastic! I still have a copy of the old Von Duprin version but this updated version is a “Must Have” for anybody that deals with this information. Clear, concise, and in one neat package!

I am as wiiiiiiiild and craaaaaaazy excited as you are!

Just remember, “Stay away from the cans….. He doesnt like the cans!”

6. Robby Castro says:

I noticed the “Fire door assembly inspection – Top 10 deficiencies” posted in this Allegion Code Reference Guide. I responded to that article a couple of years ago, my concern then was the part about the “flushbolt projecting 1/2″ into the strike”. Has anyone been able to cite a source for this? I’ve searched high and low, and haven’t come up with anything. Any help would be much appreciated. Thank you.

Hi Robby –

I tried to find some basis for this when you asked me before, but I didn’t find anything. The list of deficiencies was put together by the Door Security and Safety Foundation, but I don’t know where the 1/2″ requirement is coming from.

7. Karl Eklund says:

Lori
    This is just the most awesome collection of code data. The industry has needed this for years. I know you worked on this for months.
    You go Girl !